Pune: Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (“Jio”) announced Jio Happy New Year Offer on Thursday which will be effective from December 4.
All Jio subscribers will be entitled to special benefits under the JNO comprising Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications and content, absolutely free, up to March 31, 2017. During this offer period, Jio and Jio customers will be able to continue the journey of co-creating and building the best network experience together.
The benefits will be available to all subscribers signing up for Jio services up to March 3, 2017. The existing Jio Welcome Offer (“JWO’) users will continue to enjoy the unlimited benefits under JWO up to December 31,2016, following which they would be automatically signed up for JNO as well. Details of JNO are available on ‘www.jio.com’.
Considering that 80% of Jio subscribers use up to 1 GB of data daily, while the remaining 20% use disproportionately more data, Jio has limited the high speed-data quantity to 1 GB per day per user, following which the speed will be reduced to 128 Kbps. This step has been taken to ensure that all Jio users get superior data experience. Attractive tariff options have been offered for subscribers wishing to consume additional data beyond 1 GB per day at regular speed as part of the JNO.
Jio said that the issue of constraint of interconnection capacity from the incumbent operators had plagued the company for the first few months. While there has been an improvement in recent days following the intervention of the government and TRAI, Jio’s subscribers have not been able to enjoy the benefits of free HD quality voice services so far and thus the JNO would provide an opportunity to all subscribers to experience seamless Jio services.
Jio has crossed 50 million subscribers in just 83 days from commencement of services on September 5. The average rate of addition of 6 lakh subscribers per day is the fastest achieved by any technology company in the world including the likes of FB, WhatsApp and Skype.
Jio is delighted that its comprehensive ecosystem has enabled millions of Indians to add value to their daily lives through its offerings. Jio continues to transform the industry paradigm by revolutionising the customer journey from on-boarding to usage by offering services and applications which have substantially enhanced customer experience.
Jio has successfully rolled out eKYC across 2 lakh outlets in India, thereby allowing activation of SIM to get completed in under 5 minutes. More than 95% of the activations are being done in a paperless manner through eKYC. The company is in the process of doubling the network to 4 lakh digitally enabled outlets by March 2017. Jio customers can benefit from the Mobile Number Portability facility such that they can retain their existing number when they migrate to Jio. Jio has also introduced Home Delivery of Jio SIMs, so that the enterprise and high-end customers can get a Jio SIM home-delivered and activated in 5 minutes through eKYC. This feature is being progressively launched across India through MyJio application and will be available in top 100 cities by December 31.